Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Working Dogs




This is Bear, he is Russell's dog. He has a purpose.....We have had him for 8 years now. We got him from Tommy Gollihugh and he was named by Tommy's daughter when we got him. Bear was the "Pick of the litter" and Tommy was going to keep him but then decided against it. He has been to Dog Training School at Turkey Hill Plantation (due to his very hard headed nature). His job is to go get whatever Russell shoots, he has even retrieved an alligator!! Right now he's off duty since there is no bird hunting in season. He loves to swim, dig and hunt in his spare time!!!! His life is not as easy as Oscar's but all in all it's not too bad........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bear is definately a beautiful dog, I bet powerfull too. Russell sounds like my Dad---a dog has a job!

Judy said...

We had a "Bear" he had a very hard head too. So hard I gave him a guy who was moving to GA!!!

He looks like he fills his purpose well.

AmyWhit said...

Yeah, I'm sure he has a better life than most...whether he has a purpose or not. Everyone wants to have a purpose...it makes us feel needed and loved! I'm sure Bear is no different! He's beautiful...I hope he doesn't chew as bad another black lab I know...who, by the way, is not being locked up most of the time. I hate it, but sheesh...you can only take so much!!!

Shelia said...

Bear wouldn't have it any other way. Labs love everything you're talking about!