Tuesday, July 24, 2007

An Angel??



Friday we had a headstone done for my sister Vikki's grave. Last evening I decided to ride out to the cemetery to see it. She is buried in Gooding Cemetery in Crocketville, which is in the middle of nowhere. When I got there I could hear a kitten crying in the woods, but I just ignored it while I visited my sisters grave. After a few minutes this little kitty squeezed thru the chain link fence and hopped up on my sisters headstone. I tried to grab her and she ran into a bush. So I started digging in the bush for her and she ran back to the headstone again. I grabbed her up and she started to purr!!! There are no houses close by so I don't think she belonged to anyone. Needless to say she came home with me. I have named her Vikki!!! Russell was not as touched by this experience as I was. He says she has to go!! I don't think I can part with her though!! We already have 3 cats and 3 dogs. I don't really need another pet, but I can't help but believe that she was a little angel sent to make me smile . Vikki was always bringing home stray cats and I think she sent me this one!!! Russell thinks I'm nuts!! So I'm not sure what we are gonna do....... I'm hoping she'll charm him as she did me, and as you can see Bret has a fondness for her too!!!

8 comments:

Judy said...

Wayne hates cats...I mean HATES them...but if it were me she'd stay...to touching to do otherwise.

AmyWhit said...

What a pretty kitty. My dad hates cats too. We had to get rid of Riley's kitten because dad was going to kill him. What is it with these men?! I hope you get to keep Vikki!

Queen of Foo Foo said...

DON'T LET RUSSELL TAKE VIKKI AWAY!!
WE SHALL PROTEST. IT'S A SIGN!!

Anonymous said...

I say how very cute, keep her. Don't these men know that cats have a job around the hous---no more varmits!

Nancy S. said...

I'm with the rest of the blogger gang. I say she stays, its a sign that you can't ignore. Sorry Russell, it's just a little kitten.

jamie said...

What a wonderful thing!!! It is nice to know that you have someone looking after you!! I think Russell is over ruled!! We are all on your side to KEEP HER!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not the biggest cat person, but I would keep the cat -- there is something very special about it. You can't give it away.

Shelia said...

Girl thats a tough one to turn away! I'm with her highness! LOL