Monday, July 2, 2007

Flew The Coop



Bret found this little martin on the ground by the pond out front. He had flew the coop or I should say the gourd!! Russell had to rescue him twice before he would stay put. I guess he didn't like the 1st gourd Russ stuck him in b/c he took a dive right back out. After the 2nd attempt in a different gourd he stayed put! This happens a lot right before they learn to fly well. I couldn't walk away and leave the little guy on the ground, we got to many predators about!!! Although he did not seem very appreciative!!

4 comments:

Judy said...

I love Martins..My Dad use have them by the hundreds.. I can't seen to scare up one.

Next time bring the baby and put in my goard so maybe they will come to my house!

AmyWhit said...

LOL. That's pretty funny about not liking the first gourd. I hope he learns to fly soon...for poor Russell's sake if nothing else!

Anonymous said...

That seems to be both ends of the spectrum. Save the bird, kill the gator. Now is that fair? WELL YES!

Shelia said...

He definately didn't look very appreciative. LOL Good job wearing the glove Russel!