Thursday, July 26, 2007

My on-going project



This is my on-going project that I started 5 years ago when we moved into the house. I have done almost all of the work myself!! Russell wired the fountain for me a couple of months ago. He got tired of having to remove the extension cord each time he needed to cut grass. He has suggested several times that we cover it up and plant flowers there!! I have stuck to my guns on making it a Koi pond, therefore have had very little assistance from him on this project. I'm not done yet, but it's come along way!! If you look close at the 1st picture you can see the Koi. I know have 4, started with 2.

7 comments:

Judy said...

I do see them..

If I waited on Wayne I'd never get anything done, however I have leared if I start something...say trimming the hedges he'll take over, he has a real line drawn between Men's work an Woman's work.

Keep up the good work..your pond looks nice!

Queen of Foo Foo said...

I really like the pond. We won't discuss wiring for anything! Especially a fountain. If you know what I mean.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love it. I have wanted one for years and am still wanting one. My is still in the home & garden books. I do have a little fountain---not the same huh? Do you hire out? LOL

Nancy S. said...

Nita, you have inspired me with this pic. I miss my pond down at the old home place. When it cools down outside I am going to start digging the pond at the new place.
Maybe your Koi will have babies and I can buy some from you for my pond. I love your pond.

Shelia said...

This is really great Anita! You're doing an outstanding job with it! Christina is going to love these pics, she loves koi ponds!

AmyWhit said...

Very nice. Do you have a problem keeping the pond clean?

jamie said...

Very neat!!! I wouldn't have any idea how to even start this project!!! It looks really nice though, I see that you and I are on the same page sort of, today!!

As for wiring a fountain, Shane would tell me that electicity and water do NOT mix!! LOL