Wednesday, August 15, 2007

More Pets


Meet Winkie the goldfish. My mother gave the boys her fish and the tank when she got sick last year. She was not able to take care of the tank anymore and she had had the fish for a long time. He did not have a name when we got him. The boys decided to name him after my dad. My dads real name was Winston, but his nickname was Winkie and that's what everyone called him. My kids called him Papa Wink. Even though my parents divorced over 40 years ago my mom still liked the name the boys picked. So anyway now we have a fish in memory of my mom and dad.

4 comments:

Queen of Foo Foo said...

Your picture of Winkie turned out good. A lot of nice colors with the rocks and everything.

Judy said...

You do have a zoo!

Nancy S. said...

Nice photo, 'Nita. That fish looks huge! I like the colors in the picture. Nice and bright!

Shelia said...

Winkie?? LOL Love it!!