Friday, August 10, 2007

RELAXATION


How is this for relaxed? I cheated a little, b/c this picture was taken back in May. I've been wanting to use it and this seemed like an appropriate time. Bret had been on a field trip with Mrs. Rogers his 2nd grade teacher. Their trip was to downtown Beaufort. Mrs Rogers mother lives down on The Point. They had lunch at her home and she told them some old stories about Beaufort. They walked around the Point and down to the National Cemetery. I'm told this is an annual event she does every year for her students. Bret loved it, and was totally exhausted afterwards! Russell picked him up from Thomas Heyward that afternoon in his work truck. My boy was so wiped out he didn't even make it out of Ridgeland before he was catching zzzz's. He loves being in Dad's work truck. Always such cool things in there, hence the yellow hard hat!

6 comments:

Queen of Foo Foo said...

A very rare moment I might add!

Judy said...

gosh, I wish I could be that relaxted!!

Great story and picture

Anonymous said...

Boys just goe a 100 miles an hour then zap its over. Got to recharge for when he gets home!

AmyWhit said...

Awwww, those are the sweetest moments. My child has never really been prone to just falling asleep sitting up anywhere...not since he was about 2. *sigh* I miss those days when he used to take an afternoon nap!

jamie said...

Oh my!!! I remember going down to the point with Mrs. Rogers!!! I can't believe that she is still doing that!! I think we had an easter egg hunt there though!! Memory Lane!! I would love to see a picture of her!! Do you have one??

Bret looks like I feel!!

Shelia said...

Aww I love this shot. Have to agree with Cindy though, pretty rare!