Thursday, August 30, 2007

My Special Person - Denise Basta

The Bastas
Me and the boys visiting NY
Us in Canada Girl time with me, Denise, her daughter, and her sister
I decided to do my challenge photo today, since I will not be able to post again until Monday. My special person is my best friend Denise. We met when we were both 18. She had just gotten married and her husband was in the MCAS and stationed in Beaufort. We both worked at Rose's Department store. She was in a new town with a new job and a husband deployed for 6 weeks. We hit it off immediately and have been best friends ever since. Denise is now back home in New York. I try not to hold it against her that she is a Yankee!! We have great fun with the fact that I'm a southerner and she is a Yankee. We try to visit each other at least every other year. Our families have even bonded over the years and miles. She is special to me b/c she is a true blue friend. Always the same, nothing about her person ever changes. She is the same yesterday , today, and tomorrow! She has been with me thru alot, even if it's from the other end of the phone sometimes! We don't get to see each other as often as we would like but we have remained close anyway. We have made a pact to do a cruise together when we both turn 40 (that's not to far off!) True friends like her are hard to find!! I Love Girl!!

5 comments:

Nancy S. said...

I remember Denise, she was just married when I met her. sweet gril. She looks great, and has a nice looking family. It's great you two have stayed in touch.

I know you can't wait to turn 40 so you can take that cruise. LOL

AmyWhit said...

what a beautiful family. that little girl of hers is gorgeous! it's great that you guys have been able to maintain a close frindship despite the many miles between you. sometimes it's hard to live in a "military town" because you make friends who are forever leaving! I know I've lost my fair share of friends in just that way.

Anonymous said...

I guess the definition of friend is that they stay in your life! Some people come and go, but that is not special. You a blessed to have her in your life. Whoa! 40 here I come!

Shelia said...

True friends are rare indeed Nita. I'm very happy you've held onto Denise and she to you. They're real blessings!

Queen of Foo Foo said...

Great pictures of the Basta Family.
I just love Denise! Wish she could get here more often!